We are a vibrant, growing platform that provides highly useful information and insights on millions of mobile users. The applications of the Personagraph platform are boundless. We are growing and right now we are in need of a top notch Data Platform Engineer in the SF bay area
Do you take pride in your work? Do you enjoy being part of a top notch team helping build the next generation of product. If so we want to talk to you.
- Design and implement highly scalable systems and software components
- Coordinate and support other teams on Data Platform APIs and architecture
- Work with DevOps team to troubleshoot and fix any production issues
- Ensure data quality for user profiles
- Design and implement ETLs for the data pipeline
- Investigate new tools, technologies and architectures
- Create diagrams and documentation to communicate technical principles within the company
- 5+ years of experience with highly scalable systems using open source tools.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, support).
- Deep knowledge of Linux, networking and security.
- High familiarity with AWS and the tools and services it offers.
- An ability to demonstrate software engineering fundamentals such as OO design, unit testing, code reuse, code reviews.
- Nice to have experience building large-scale data processing platforms. This includes developing prototypes and
- proof-of-concepts for the selected solutions.
- Extensive knowledge in Java, Scala, Python
- Familiarity with one or more big-data infrastructures such as Hbase, Hadoop, Spark, or, Casandra.
- Willingness to rotate on-call for the platform supporting
- Knowledge of modern build tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Github, etc
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
For further information, please contact Mark Stein at email@example.com. Thank you!
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Compensation: Competitive, based on experience