Seacert Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Intertrust Technologies Corporation, provides trust services for the adopters of Marlin technology, a worldwide Digital Rights Management (DRM) platform. DRM secures consumer devices permitting commercial video (TV/Movie) services to safely distribute premium content. Seacert is leveraging its expertise with Marlin DRM to become a multiple-DRM platform and a provider of cryptographic services in the IoT (Internet of Things) space. Seacert operates worldwide cloud services and provides SDKs to customers wanting easy plug-and-play solutions.
We are seeking a self-motivated, clever, resourceful, team-oriented Technical Support Engineer to play a significant role in support strategy and maintenance of a high level of customer satisfaction for our existing customers. When one of our customers reaches out to support, they need to be connected with someone who can understand the details of their problem and quickly find a solution.
The primary function of the Technical Support Engineer is to assist our post-sale customers with technical issues and requests for information. As the only Technical Support Engineer, you will become an expert on the products and worldwide cloud services Seacert provides. There is a larger team that will support you and assist on deep technical issues. You will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Respond to incoming e-mails, support tickets, text alerts and phone calls from customers and address their questions and concerns regarding the company's products and services. This includes troubleshooting technical problems, answering questions, helping find solutions/workarounds to meet unusual needs and providing requested data. As needed, execute commands, review logs, utilize analytical tools and/or conduct experiments to verify proper system operation and/or detect errors or sub-standard system performance
- Provide similar support as above to address product/service concerns brought up by other departments within the company, such as development and sales.
- Provide leadership, process development and process management for operational activities related to customer support. Stay up-to-date with changes to products, services and new technologies that have been introduced. Offer suggestions to improve the company's products, as well as report any defects which may arise
- Share 24/7 emergency server support with co-workers
- Advocate for customers, usability and supportability during all phrases of projects (requirements, design, etc.), and participate on project teams
- Perform highly-technical and experimental/investigation-oriented tasks.
- Activities will involves problem troubleshooting and isolation, performance tuning and optimization
- Independently conduct WebEx (or similar process) online sessions with customers, some of whom are technical experts and some are business users
- Strong hands-on UNIX/Linux support (or administration) experience, with expert networking, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude and outstanding customer service skills
- Experience with distributed applications and systems, especially in investigating issues through server logs, thread dumps and application logs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills plus a proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and to development and QA
- Strong messaging infrastructure experience
- Experience doing complex queries on commercial or open source database (MySQL/Postgres)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ years relevant technical support experience
- Experience with a SumoLogic or similar tool is a plus
- AWS cloud computing experience is a plus
What We Offer:
Competitive compensation, Medical benefits fully paid by the company, Disability/Life Insurance and 401k Retirement Savings Plan, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off, Snacks, Drinks and Catered Lunches and Onsite gym.
Seacert’s parent company, Intertrust, develops and delivers technologies for trusted computing among leading global corporations from mobile and CE manufacturers and service providers, to enterprise software platform companies. The Company holds hundreds of patents that are key to Internet security, trust, and privacy management components of operating systems, trusted mobile code and networked operating environments, web services, and cloud computing. Intertrust has research, engineering, and IP groups focusing on developing and monetizing next-generation technologies and inventions.
Find out more at www.seacert.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and e-Verified.