Intertrust to Offer Program for Premium Content Delivery in Non-theatrical Markets
IBC – Amsterdam, The Netherlands— September 14, 2018 – Intertrust, the inventor of Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology, today announced a program to provide both premium studio content and the secure content distribution platform for deploying DRM-protected video services in markets such as hotels, trains, buses, and other environments. Intertrust Kiora™ is a secure distribution platform that delivers content in limited or no-bandwidth environments such as buses, cars, trains and hotels. Kiora is offered as a ready-to-deploy content appliance and publishing backend, and its micro-cloud architecture enables content distribution without requiring users to incur charges for bandwidth. Filmbankmedia was established to handle screenings outside the traditional cinema and home on behalf of a number of studios and distributors in the U.K. Filmbankmedia now represents many Hollywood and leading independent studios and distributors in over 100 countries. The benefits of the offering include:
- Faster and cheaper. Service providers who want to offer offline content delivery services no longer have to negotiate separately with the studio and the technology provider.
- Premium content. License premium Hollywood content that has been curated for your market.
- Hardware flexibility. With the Kiora Virtual Appliance (KVA), service providers are not restricted to using Kiora hardware, and can opt to use their own hardware.
- Managed cloud service. The Kiora Network Operating Center (NOC) manages both the appliances deployed in the field as well as content installed on the appliance.
- Robust Security. Intertrust provides the DRM which means the highest level of security and robustness.