Our new report analyzes 100 mHealth apps from around the globe, including COVID-tracking apps, using an array of testing techniques based on OWASP mobile app security guidelines.
What did the audit find? That as medical organizations rapidly shift care delivery to digital channels, their mobile app security has not kept up.
- 71% of tested mHealth apps have at least one high level security vulnerability
- The vast majority of mHealth apps (91%) have mishandled/weak encryption
- 85% of COVID-tracking apps leak data
- The majority of mHealth apps contain multiple security issues with data storage
- 83% of the high-level threats discovered could have been mitigated using application protection technologies such as code obfuscation, tampering detection, and white-box cryptography
Fill out the form to get your copy!