Did you know that today (January 28th) is Data Privacy Day here in the US? In Europe it’s referred to as Data Protection Day. In fact, this day is celebrated in the US, Canada and 27 European countries as a day focused on raising awareness among families, consumers, and businesses the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information online.
According to the StaySafeOnline.org – a great site loaded with resources to help promote and make the most of the day – the Data Privacy Day goals are to:
- Raise awareness and educate consumers to better understand how their personal information may be collected and the benefits and risks of sharing personal data
- Empower consumers to express their expectations for the use, protection and management of their personal data
- Inspire consumers through concrete, simple and actionable tips to more actively manage their online lives
- Encourage and motivate consumers to consider the privacy implications of their online actions for themselves and others
- Encourage businesses to be data stewards by being open and honest about how they collect, use and share personal information and clearly communicating any available privacy and security controls
Be sure to visit StaySafeOnline.org to get details on how you can be part of this important day.
- Download materials such as posters, buttons, logos, and web banners to put your website to work in spreading the message of data privacy and protection
- Tips for getting involved, as a social media leader, champion or simply see ideas on how to spread the message
- See privacy tips on how you can protect your personal information and protect your data
- Check your privacy settings and get advice on how to update your privacy settings at many of the common websites the public uses
whiteCryption takes data privacy and protection very seriously. Our high-end security applications from automotive and banking to government facilities and high-value applications from big data analytics engines and oil/gas exploration require strategic solutions that help avoid any compromise to these secure environments. Our Cryptanium enterprise solutions add a layer of protection to help avoid the limitations and risks involved with conventional application security. These security solutions deliver the next level of obfuscation, self-defense and tamper resistance technology against piracy.
Along with many other data privacy and protection organizations and advocates, today and every day we are ALL IN! Be sure and help spread the word.