LAS VEGAS, July 25, 2017 — Intertrust Technologies Corporation invites all Black Hat 2017 attendees to visit its booth at Black Hat 2017 in Las Vegas, July 26-27. In what has become an annual tradition, Intertrust will showcase its entire suite of best-of-breed Secure Systems products and services at the world’s leading show on security technology. Intertrust will highlight threats facing modern internet apps and devices, demonstrate application shielding (anti-reverse engineering and tamper resistance) products from whiteCryption, and present PKI and distributed device personalization products and services from Intertrust’s Seacert Certificate Authority.
- World-leading application shielding by whiteCryption
- Robust distributed PKI and personalization services for apps and devices by Seacert
- Pen Test Partners’ elite hackers to entertain and demonstrate resilience to application security threats
Over 25 years, Intertrust has invented many of the core security technologies used to secure apps and devices today. Intertrust’s inventions secure billions of devices around the world. whiteCryption, an Intertrust subsidiary, offers advanced application shielding and whitebox cryptography solutions that are deployed in mission-critical settings ranging from healthcare devices, automotive, banking and entertainment verticals. Seacert is a leading certificate authority service that has issued billions of keys to distributed devices and offers unique device personalization services to IoT and traditional mobile and consumer electronics devices.
To demonstrate the efficacy of its application shielding software, whiteCryption has also invited Pen Test Partners, an elite group of high-end penetration testers, to the whiteCryption booth to hack mobile apps, home security cameras and other IoT devices. The demonstrations will show how whiteCryption’s suite of security products stand up against hacks and other cybersecurity threats.
Specific products on display at Black Hat Booth #124 include:
- whiteCryption’s Code Protection provides unsurpassed code obfuscation and runtime application self-protection (RASP). Unlike hardware-based anti-tamper technologies, whiteCryption’s software solutions can be easily deployed and go beyond the limitations and risks of conventional application security.
- whiteCryption Secure Key Box is a whitebox cryptography library used in mobile apps, IoT devices and services that can run locally or in the cloud. The product performs common cryptographic functions while keeping secrets and cryptographic keys secret without the need for dedicated security hardware.
- Intertrust Seacert personalizes devices by provisioning unique, cryptographically secure identities and the rights needed to interact in the complex ecosystems of industrial and consumer IoT. Seacert has deployed more than 3 billion credentials in the past 10 years. Seacert cryptographic keys are in hundreds of millions of set-top boxes and internet-enabled TV sets worldwide.
Pen Test Partners have examined and hacked mobile devices, IoT appliances and Wi-Fi systems, including smart coffee machines, surveillance cameras, DVRs, wireless house alarm systems, routers, air conditioners, refrigerators, webcams, TVs, toys and cars. Pen Test Partners Founder Ken Munro is a regular security contributor to BBC TV and industry magazines.
Visit whiteCryption booth #124 in the Black Hat Business Hall, Wednesday, July 26, and Thursday, July 27, for more information and demos. Pen Test Partners and whiteCryption demonstration times will be highlighted in the booth.
About Intertrust Technologies Corporation and whiteCryption
Intertrust provides trusted computing products and services to leading global corporations – from mobile and CE manufacturers and service providers to enterprise software platform companies. Intertrust holds hundreds of patents that are key to internet security, trust, and privacy management components of operating systems, trusted mobile code and networked operating environments, web services, and cloud computing. The company has been privately held since 2003, and previously, publicly listed on NASDAQ from 1999. Intertrust acquired a controlling stake in tamper resistance and application security leader whiteCryption in 2009 and has grown it to become the provider of the world’s most advanced app shielding technology. whiteCryption offers software code protection, whitebox cryptography products and trust services to the world’s leading software, hardware and content companies in the entertainment, automotive, IoT, healthcare and finance industries. For more information, visit https://www.intertrust.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
About Pen Test Partners
Pen Test Partners LLP is a penetration testing and security services company that strives to be vendor neutral and platform agnostic. This means its customers get unbiased testing and appraisal of any and every environment. The company advises on incident response, in real time, when needed. In addition, Pen Test Partners is not swayed by whatever the latest bleeding-edge technology is, it has usually already found a way to break or subvert it, in the same way that hackers do. Visit their website at https://www.pentestpartners.com/.
Intertrust Technologies Media Contacts:
703.533.9805 or 703.201.3524 (mobile)
Leigh Anne Varney
Varney Business Communication